“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Late - Not Always a Bad Thing

I ran a little bit late this morning.

My alarm went off at the time I should have woken up, but I pressed snooze twice as many times as I normally plan to. I kept trying to rationalize the consequences of pressing snooze one more time. 

If I press snooze one more time I won't wash my hair in the shower.
If I press snooze one more time I won't shower.
If I press snooze one more time I'll wait to put on make-up until I get to work. (Who am I kidding? I only wear make-up when I have a program running or fancy execs are in town.)
If I press snooze one more time .....

I ended up leaving the house about 45 minutes later than I had planned to the night before, but still 45 minutes earlier than I normally leave the house. (And I did it all without waking up the baby, which is what I normally do when I have to get out of the house quickly.)

I got to work just in time to complete what I needed to complete before the meeting I had to set up for was set up before the meeting started.

Anyhow, back up about 30 minutes.

I was standing in line to catch the company shuttle that picks me up at the Muni station. A woman I didn't know was standing in front of me. A passer-by stopped in her tracks, turned to the woman, smiled and gave her a great big hug; two friends who hadn't seen each other in a long time having a chance meeting on the street. The woman who was walking by said that she was running super late so she couldn't stay and chat but she was very happy to see her. She walked away. The woman standing in front of me was left standing there smiling. I said to her "Totally worth being late today. She got to see a friend and now she'll have a great day because of it." The woman looked at me and smiled, then we had a pleasant conversation about the weather until the shuttle came.

I guess it was nice that I was running a bit behind as well as I got to have a nice pleasant conversation with a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.