“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Pregnancy Posts

So my sweet baby Little Mister is almost a year old. Here are some myspace musings about my pregnancy with him.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007
It’s a smelly smell that smells smelly
So now that I'm with child, pregnant, knocked-up, stuffed, whatever ,that's me . . .I can smell everything.
I hate the bus in the morning. There are these three guys who get on who smell like garlic, cigarettes and no shower. Whereever I'm sitting they have to sit next to me. there's also "perfume sprayed on her clothes and in her hair" lady, "too much cologne and not enough shower" man, and my favorite "hard boiled eggs and breathmints" girl. ew.Things also taste funny. Yesterday the sour cream and onion Lays I tried tasted just like swimming pool water.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Pregnancy is making me mean
Today muni was crowded. I had to wait forever for the L. I had the smarts to take whatever train to West P. and then wait for the L so most of the train ride wasn't so bad. However, when I got on the L it was super crowded. I unbuttoned my jacket, stuck my pregnant belly out as far as I could and no one gave me a seat. In fact, most of the other Sunset residents on the train closed their eyes and pretended I wasn't there. I decided to choose a target. I saw a 20 year old girl who I thought had a strong back and should give me her seat. I stood right beside her and stared at her. I didn't take my eyes off of her. Then she turned up her ipod and closed her eyes. I moved closer to the point where everytime the train jerked, my belly hit her shoulder. I wish it would have hit her head, but my belly isn't that big yet. Then I got a seat, perpendicular to her. I positioned my feet and my backpack so she had to really squirm to get out of her seat. When she did, I moved my foot a little bit and tripped her. She didn't fall. She just stumbled for half a second. After I did it, I didn't exactly feel bad, but I did notice how mean pregnancy is making me.Does this make me a bad person?

Monday, January 21, 2008
These things are good: ice cream and cake, a ride on a harley, seeing monkeys in the trees, the rain on my tongue, and the sun shining on my face.
These things are a drag: dust in my hair, holes in my shoes, no money in my pocket, and the sun shining on my face.

Sunday, March 02, 2008
The Baby and My Butt
When the baby hiccups, I feel it in my butt. It's like he's tapping me from inside my butt. Stop it.

Monday, March 10, 2008
My baby is not Oaklandish
Lemme start out by saying -- Baby is still tucked away safely inside me with no plans on his part to come out early.Last night I had to go to Labor and Delivery. Blood pressure stuff. No baby yet. After I had blood drawn and been checked out, but before the results came back, the doctor came in and said they were going to admit me for observation, bring my bp down, control my pre-eclampsia and such, and then decide if they needed to induce me. Then she said something really ugly. She said that there was a nursing shortage and I might have to be transported to Oakland. The first thing out of my mouth was "My baby will not be born in Oakland." Tom agreed, whole heartedly. We were prepared to tell the nursing staff that if they didn't get me a bed in the SF hospital, we were going home. Tom and I are proud San Francisco transplants full of that San Francisco zeal that most of you understand. Our daughter is native, our son will be also.
update - the baby was born 2 days later, in San Francisco.

Monday, March 17, 2008
Little Mister Update
Hello Everybody,Just thought I’d give everyone a little update aboutour little man. Seems naming him after Odysseus, themighty King of Ithaca is fitting. He is certainly ona little journey, trying to get home.Little Mister was born on Wednesday, 3/12 at6pm. He had a pretty rocky start, but is on his wayto getting better.To date, at 5 days old our little boy has endured a blood transfusion, chest x-rays, and EEG, ultrasounds, spinal tap, numerous blood draws. He’s been on and off supplemental oxygen more times than I can count and his newest battle that he needs to conquer is having seizures. Jury is still out on what’s causing those.The good thing is that to look at him, he looks like anormal 5 day old little boy. He’s eating, crying, protesting when being prodded, making all those sweet little baby noises and grunts that babies make. The doctors are pleased with his progress, but perplexed at some of the difficulties he’s having. However, we are encouraged as we keep hearing the medical staffusing words like "cautiously optimistic". Funny thing is that at only 6.7 pounds, he’s a giant in the NICU as all of the babies he shares his wingwith were born at somewhere between 27 and 33 weeks. All of his little friends in the NICU can’t be more than 4 pounds. They are so tiny. He’s the only term baby there. All of the parents of all the babies are so nice. It’s nice to have them to talk to. I know I can’t complain as much as they have a right to as their babies have much longer journeys than mine does. Some of them have been there for over a month, still eat from tubes and can’t breathe on their own. I can’t imagine having to go through what they do.We spend our days at the hospital after we drop Little Miss off at school, and our nights are spent wherever the baby needs us. Mostly I come home for a little while to hang out w/ Little Miss, then Hubby drives me back to the hospital to stay in the NICU’s parent room, which consists of a fold-out couch and the worst shower in the world. Tonight I’m treating myself and staying at home, getting a decent meal and shower and hanging outwith Little Miss. I think I’ll even have a beer. It’s been about 9 months since I’ve been able to enjoy one.No ETA on when little Mister will be coming home.Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, light a candle,chant, send extra aloha spirit, what every you do,please do it.Thanks,Andrea

Monday, March 24, 2008
Yay. Little Mister is Home.
Hooray! Little Mister is home. He came home Saturday afternoon. No more full night’s sleep for me. A small price to pay for having my boy at home. My little night-owl is just perfect and I’m so happy he’s home. We have drs. visits about once a week for a few months, another EEG is in his future, and possibly another MRI. He’s got meds to take every night for until, well, the giant bottle we got runs out. But he’s home. Yay. He’s home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.