“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Thursday, January 14, 2010

An Open Letter to the Lady who Parked her Jeep in Front of my House this Morning.

Dear Lady who Parked your Jeep in Front of my House this Morning,
Thank you for your kindness and consideration. There should be more people in the world like you.

Sincerely,

Andrea



Here’s what happened.



I left the house this morning on the later side of my usual normal lateness. As I was closing the gate I saw a woman coming out of the Jeep parked in front of my house. She was checking to see if she was fully in the spot and not blocking my driveway or my neighbor’s. I said to her “you have a good foot and a half in front of you.” She said she knew that but she noticed someone on the other side of my driveway had parked about a foot inside the driveway and she wanted to make sure I could still get out. I was totally floored. How nice of her. Who does that? Nobody but her, I’m guessing. It gets better, though. She offered to back up some so I can back my car out of the driveway with ease, then she’d repark. I told her thanks but I take Muni to work. We smiled at each other then I turned and walked to the train stop. The Hubbs saw her as he was watching The Girl walk to school. They exchanged pleasantries about parking as well.

Her good deed, her thoughtfulness made my day just a little bit better. It just set the tone for the day. She can park in front of my house any time she wants.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.