“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

You are NOT allowed to love my new purse!

I slept really horribly last night. I feel like I didn't fall asleep until at least 3am. I probably fell asleep earlier, but I tossed and turned all night. I woke up feeling particularly sleepy and unwilling to leave my pillow and blankie. I had to go to work today so alas, I got my fat ass out of bed and went about my normal routine, a little more slowly than usual, but still, my normal routine.

When I walked out of the bathroom and into the living room, the very first coherent thought to swirl around my head and make its way out of my mouth was

"Pauly, you are not allowed to love my new purse."

Pauly is The Girl's cat. Pauly is a big white cat who is a little stupid. He's very sweet and loves to cuddle, but his walnut sized brain isn't quite fully charged.

The Cat loves sweat, and things that contain sweat. If I wear a pair of shoes all day long on a hot day, then take them off as soon as I get home, the cat will be all over them and the next thing I know, he'll either be biting it a little while kneading it with his paws, or his head will be shoved deep down in the shoe. He does the same thing to The Girl's and The Boy's stuffed animals. When that happens we say "Kids, Pauly is loving your (Hello Kitty, stinky shoe, cow pillow, shirt you wore yesterday) again. Make him stop."

This morning Pauly was trying entice my new purse into his poly amorous lifestyle. I was going to have none of it. Pauly is not allowed to love my new purse.

2 comments:

  1. I think all I did during the Christmas break was stress over Christmas dinner, and then sleep afterwards.. Still hard to get out of bed when it's sooo cold in the morning. Cats just love smells. My cat used to like sitting in the closet and chew on my leather pumps...and the purse.. Bad kitty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every pair of shoes I own is covered in cat fur. I've given up frankly...it's a battle that cannot be won. She has broken me.

    ReplyDelete

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.