“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Conversation I Had Today At Market and Main St. - Before I Had My Coffee, Mind You.

Me - standing at Market and Main, grumbling because I missed the shuttle by *that much* and trying to figure out if I should take the 82x or the F to work. Just when I see on nextbus the 82x is coming in 21 minutes but the F will be here in 2, and I'm about to step off the curb to go to the bus stop . . . . a man came up to me. He wasn't wearing a suit and tie but he looked like he was dressed to work in a fancy office. He was on the fancy side of business casual, except for the hippie choker he was wearing.

Man - Excuse me, can you tell me where Pizza Hut is?

Me - Ummm, Pizza Hut? I don't know.

Man - Well, I know there is a Starbucks right down the street and one just behind that building (pointing behind him)

Me - Yup, that's where the two closest Starbucks are. (Wondering what Sbux had to do with Pizza Hut)

Man - But you don't know where Pizza Hut is?

Me - No, I don't know where Pizza Hut is.  I've never looked for one before.

Man - Oh, OK. Thank you.

I'm going to be wasting a bit of time today wondering why this man needed to go to Pizza Hut at 8:00am in downtown San Francisco.

Why do you think he needed to know where Pizza Hut was at 8am on a Tuesday?

1 comment:

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Those who love me and want to be my friend, or not

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.