“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Friday, February 28, 2014

DJ; Then and Now

Recently Hubby's cousin went on a mission to convert her videos to digital. Lucky me because a few months ago she sent us a DVD of the video she shot at Hubby's and my wedding reception. It was a lot of fun to look at. There was a lot of "Wow she looks so young," and "Oh, I was so skinny there," and "Who is that?"

Fast forward 17 years.

In December I organized my company's holiday party. It was super fun. One of the things I did was hire a DJ. I hired DJ Tom Thump. I have to admit, I picked his name off of yelp solely based on his name; Tom Thump. Of course I read all of his ratings on Yelp. Of course I googled him to find out more about him. Of course I talked to him to see if he would be the right fit. Of course I looked online for some samples of his stuff. (I found this by the way. I listen to it when I am working on expenses or when I'm knee-deep in excel files).



So it's a week or so after the holiday party. I'm sitting on my couch watching the wedding DVD that Hubby's cousin had just sent me and I stopped in my tracks. This is what I saw.
Tom Thump was the DJ at my wedding reception.

How strange is that?




Anyway, my wedding reception was 17 years ago and I don't remember every detail about Mr. Thump's performance, but at my company's holiday party, he totally rocked it. You should hire him for your next event where you need a DJ.






2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha.....yes, the kids really liked balancing those glasses to his music. It was a fun reception! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! He was the DJ. That is freakin' hilarious and amazing. 17 years? Dang!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Those who love me and want to be my friend, or not

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.