“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Monday, June 1, 2009

I was a Hottie in 2003 . . . . . . .


and again in 2006.
I am a Warming Hut Hottie. In 2003 I participated in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day and walked 60 miles and raied $2000 in honor of one of my sisters. She had a different kind of cancer but I felt I needed to do something and couldn't find any kind of event having to do with my sister's kind of cancer, so this is what I did. In 2006 I participated in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. This time I only walked a marathon and a half over the course of two days and again, I did it as a Hottie.
This last year cancer has sneaked its way into my life again. First one of Little Miss' friend's dad found out he had non-hodgkin's lymphoma, then my lovely Hula Sister began her battle with breast cancer, then one of Little Miss' classmates found out he had lymphoma, but I don't know what kind. Now I'm learning that cancer has attacked my family once again.
I feel called into action. I'm thinking of signing up for the Susan G. Komen 3Day for 2009. It's the 2nd week of October, which is 3 weeks before the big Hula Show that I get to be a part of. Can I? Should I do it? Can I raise $2300? I just asked a bunch of people to send me money so I could climb 52 flights of stairs. Can I really be so bold as to ask more people for more money?
$2300 is a lot of dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.