“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Pregnant Lady

Last Friday Muni Diaries hosted an event called "Riders with Drinks" at The Make Out Room in San Francisco.
I've posted a few stories here and there about some of my experiences on Muni. When Hubby heard about the event he told me I had to go. He said I needed to read my posting "Don't Piss Off the Pregnant Lady" on stage in front of the crowd. He said I'd have fun.
I wasn't so sure.
I wasn't afraid to get up on the stage and read my story. I've been on stage a handful of times hula dancing, why should I be afraid reading a few paragraphs about how I tripped a girl who wouldn't give up her seat when I was 6 months preggers? I was afraid of going into an environment, filled with people, and having to talk to them, having to make conversation. Hubby talked me into it. He drove me there with the kiddies in the back seat and then they waited out the event at a nearby hamburger joint. What a great hubby and patient kiddies.
I got there and the place was crowded. Super crowded. Illegally crowded. I got myself a yummy boont amber that they had on tap, yum, and listen to the stories. At the break the host said that anyone who wanted to come up and read their stories could. So I worked my way up to the front and said "I'm the Pregnant Lady you shouldn't piss off". They welcomed me and I read my story on stage. I had a lot of fun and I was glad hubby insisted I go.

Then I met my family at the burger joint, ate my cheeseburger like nobody's business, played with the kiddes then went home.

It was a really fun night.


The Tenderblog's post on Muni Night

Muni Diaries' post on Muni Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.