“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Grammar in all its glory.

I hate when people screw up grammar. It hurts my ears. It makes me cringe to see how stupid society is getting. The one that screws with my mind the most is when people misuse "I" and "me". It also chaps my hide when people misuse "compliment" and "complement", but that's another story.

I - "I" is used as the sentence's subject. "I" must be used with a verb. "I" is the subject of the verb.

Me - "Me" is used as the object of the sentence. "Me" is usually not followed by a verb. "Me" is the object of the sentence.

Examples:
You and I are going to eat a cheeseburger with David Hasselhoff tonight.
You and I love to hula.
My co-worker gave a can of v-8 to you and me.
Haupia is delicious but not very good for you and me.

Today on thingsIwanttopunchintheface.blogspot.com, the blogger discussed the misuse of "its" and "it's". Enjoy.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.