“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Long Beach

I went to Long Beach this weekend to join my friends to celebrate something great that's happening to another friend.
I also went to my sisters' house and spent a day with them.
Our original plan was to drive to LA to Olvera Street. Turns out the Dodgers had a day game which would have screwed up LA's already messed up traffic, so we decided to stay local.

Turned out to be a good thing.
We went to Belmont Shore, one of the places I used to frequent when I lived in the LBC.

We didn't stop here, but when I was younger I used to use my fake ID here, a lot.

 I bought myself a bracelet of mahjong tiles. The lady who sold it to me said it was an ancient game that Chinese Royalty played, but she didn't know what any of the tiles meant. I told her I knew what they were and that I can play mahjong and she seemed impressed. She told me that they were made out of yak bone. For $6.95 I doubt my bracelet is made out of anything but plastic and elastic, but I'm going to tell everyone it's yak bone anyways.


 On our way home we stopped at the house I grew up in. I moved here when I was about 2 months old and lived here until just before my 21st birthday, when I moved to San Francisco. The house looks a little different. They remodeled the front quite a bit, but they did a nice job. I'm glad the new owners love the house and are taking care of it.

Our plan after our adventure was to go back to my sisters' place and hang out by the pool. When we got back to the apartment, however, we all sat down for a minute. My minute of sitting down turned into a 3 hour nap. I woke up just before dinner. No pool for me, but I had a relaxing time, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.