“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We Could Talk or Not Talk Forever and Still Find Things to Not Talk About

At work I take lunch around the same time everyday. Sometimes I bring my lunch. Sometimes I buy my lunch. Most of the time whether I bring or buy, I eat in the same spot.

Here's a pic of the eating area in my office. Not so bad, eh?

There are a few different people in the office who take lunch around the same time I do. I have to say I'm pretty lucky in the "those-who-take-lunch-around-the-same-time-I-do" department.

Today I had lunch with one of my lunch buddies. He sat at one end of the table and I sat at the other. I ate my lunch, he ate his. I read my book. He read his magazine. We heard some really loud horns coming from the Bay. It was really loud. It sounded like two cruise ships yelling at each other. We both looked up at each other, shrugged, half smiled then got back to reading and eating.

When he finished, he cleaned up his stuff and told me it was very nice to have lunch with me today. He totally meant it.

I really like that there's no uncomfortable silence between us. There's no need to break the silence with useless noise just so there would be noise. He just wanted to eat his lunch and read his magazine. I just wanted to eat lunch and read my book. For the record, we do talk. We talk everyday. Sometimes we joke. Sometimes we tell stories. Sometimes we complain about work. Today was just a no-talking day and that was fine with the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.