“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Birthday Squeeze


Displaying 20151005_193033.jpg

Last night the ex and I were texting.
Me - Gonna be late getting the kids back. Having a mammogram then going to dinner.
Ex - Everything OK? or just your annual Birthday Squeeze?

Just my annual Birthday Squeeze. I like it.

I felt like I was slacking. I hadn't had my annual mammogram yet. I always have it around my birthday. You can read about 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 right here. Last night I had to go to my doctors office to do something so I decided to throw in a mammogram for fun of it. The kiddies were with me. I thought it would be a quick trip because getting a mammogram only takes a few minutes. While it still rang true that the mammogram itself only takes 10 minutes, we had to wait an 20 minutes past our appointment time.

My mammogrammer wasn't as memorable as last year's but she was nice, she gave me a pink pen and some pink post-its. And she took a picture of me before the action began.

My kids were going a bit bonkers. They were hungry. They were done being at the doctor's office. The guy at the reception desk was done with them being there. They were mad at me for not letting them get Gatorade and chips from the vending machine. They were more than ready to go when it was time. The guy at the reception desk was happy to see them leave as well. My babies are sweet and I love them a bunch but hungry kiddies at 7:15pm at the doctor's office is no fun for anyone.

Displaying 20151005_192212.jpg
Here are my youngest ones making germ angels on the floor in the doctor's office waiting room.

After the mammogram, the kiddies and I had shakes and burgers at Mel's, colored and did homework. My oldest and I were bummed that our dinner wasn't offered in a paper car like the kids' dinners were. We asked for our food to be served in a car but they charge $2.75 extra so we skipped it. I love the cars Mel's serves their kids meals in. It's not as cool as the bullet train bowl at the noodle place in Japantown that I like, but it's still cool. I like that they are old cars, like the kind that Ralph Nader hates with the fins and pointy bits.

Paper cars.

We got home. The kiddies spent some time with their dad. I got settled, got them ready for bed, had a fantastic shower, caught up with a friend on the phone and then fell into a peaceful sleep until my alarm woke me up. My alarm is an asshole.

The "So What" of this post, and all other similar posts is this ... stay up to date with your mammograms. Check yourself regularly. Take care of your girls. The pain in the ass of making an appointment, dragging your ass to the doctor and then enduring the 10 minutes of discomfort from having your boobs stuck inside a panini press is a whole lot less of a hassle than having cancer.

1 comment:

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.