“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Crunchy Salad Days

One of my sisters says that salads and sandwiches taste better when made by someone else. I believe this is true 90% of the time.



Anywhoozle, today before work I went into my local Food Hole to pick up something or other and I thought I'd fancy a ready-made salad for lunch. The three that I like, my go-to's if you will, were displayed side by side, just waiting to be chosen. 

Their Caesar's salad is pretty good, but it has chicken. I don't always want meat in my salad. I eat meat, but I don't need it for every meal, or every day, even. I can do without it. It does come with a lemon wedge and something with a spritz of citrus is usually welcome. I didn't want to pay $10 to pick out chicken today. I wish they had a version without chicken.  They a vegan Caesar's from a different brand, but I didn't want vegan. I wanted real cheese and real anchovy in my salad. I wanted the real thing, just without chicken. 

They have this one salad with mixed greens, candied. pecans, bleu cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette. I like that one, but halfway through the salad the balsamic vinaigrette gets really cloying. I didn't think I'd be mentally available for something cloying today, so I skipped it. 

The one I chose totally fit the bill for today. I got the Burma Love Fermented Tea Leaf Salad. It not only checked all the boxes today, it also created a few new boxes that I needed, but didn't consider in the moment. It had a nice pop of citrus, it had a little bit of sour, and a really pleasing bit of crunch. The crunch is what did it for me today and made me happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.