“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cute Carrots and Radishes

I may have been called lots of things in my life but I've never been called a gardener.

I do a pretty good job taking care of my one and only houseplant --
Senor Plant Man


and I've had a few other houseplants here and there but I'm not the one who takes care of the outside plants.

Hubby takes care of the backyard.
A while ago he planted some carrots in a pot. He kinda just planted them then didn't pay too much attention to them. Instead he took care of some very lovely radishes that were super cute and pretty and I ate all of them so there are no pictures.

Yesterday evening I went out to the backyard to ask hubby what he wanted for dinner. I was feeling pretty wishy-washy and couldn't decide.

Little Mister was crawling around, eating thyme and potting soil. He pulled himself up to the carrot pot. I asked Hubby what was in the pot. Hubby told me carrots and they were ready to harvest. I pulled up a carrot. It was super fun. I harvested the whole pot. They were so little and cute.
Here's what they looked like when I brought them upstairs.



Here's what they looked like after I washed them.


Little Miss took a bite of the cutest carrot and thought it was gross.

I hope Senor Planty Man doesn't get jealous.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, good job. All I have to do is look at a plant and it will die, however, for some odd reason I'm good at growing strawberries.

    ReplyDelete

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.