“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

THE LIST update

I've started my list. It's been easier thought it would be but that may be because I'm doing the easy stuff on the list.

An old boss sent me to a Franklin Covey organization class once. The class was uper creepy and the guy that taught it was a total tool but he repeated a particular phrase at least 30 times that got my attention. It takes 30 days to create a habit. I figure if I tackle the easy stuff for 30 days, it will become habit to continue with my list.

Here's what I started last week and the progress I'm having with it.

#14 - updade my progress on my blog at least once a week
easy enough

#3 - At least one meal a day will comprise only raw food for one month during the week, not on weekends - This one has been pretty easy as there are a few salad bars to choose from in my office's neighborhood. I think I may get sick, however, of salad bar and may have to get crafty in finding raw food for breakfast so I can have a sandwich for lunch once in a while.

#7 - Not cut my hair until at least 10/25/09
#46 - let my hair grow out long enough so I can see what my natural color is
These two items go hand in hand. By not cutting my hair I will get to see my natural color.

#8 - Practice hula for at least 1/2 hour every day until 10/23/09.
I have to admit I've been a little cheat-face on this one. I've been banking my practice. For example my normal hula class is on Wednesdays and is 1.5 hrs long. That takes care of my practice for one day, plus puts an hour of practice in my bank in case I don't feel like practicing that day. I'll have to stop that.

#29 - Compliment someone every day.
I've tried to do this one. I think I've been doing it. Am I cheating by telling my son he's a smart boy when he does a new trick? or telling my daughter how pretty she is? Those two things are givens and I do them anyways.

#44 - put $1 in the change jar every time I pick my hangnails and they bleed
$4

#10 - finish the blanket I'm making for my mom.
I'm working on this one. I don't know why this is taking me so long

#11 - crochet a blanket for Darin and Rose's baby.
I bought the yarn for this one but haven't found a pattern yet I like.

#9 - put my change in a jar until I finish this project.
OK, I haven't started this one, but I haven't been going nuts spending my quarters and dimes.

This week I'm going to start
#4 - I will climb the Coit Tower stairs every day for 3 weeks, excluding weekends
and
#5 I will walk from the office to the Muni instead of taking the shuttle for one month.
My company has been doing some reorganization. If I want to do #4,5, I'm going to have to do these now in case I get reorganized as well.

OK, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.