“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Muni Diaries posted one of my stories.

http://www.munidiaries.com/2009/04/23/snarky-train-operator/comment-page-1/#comment-2110

Snarky Train Operator
This morning on the L Taraval the operator certainly gave his riders “what for”.
I was sitting on the train. We came up to 40th and Taraval. The train stopped at the train stop but didn’t open its doors for about a minute. The doors finally opened, people got on and then the train operator started yelling at the passengers over the loud speaker telling them that pushing the button to open the doors does not work until he releases the lock. He is not a man that will be rushed. He opens the doors on his own time and nobody is going to make him release the locks before he’s ready.
From 40th Avenue all the way to West Portal the driver would stop at every stop and then pause for about a minute before opening the doors. Once the new passengers got on he would give his speech again.
I wonder if people learned a lesson or just thought it was as funny as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.