“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Friday, February 21, 2014

Please and Thank You - Conversation I had with a Cashier



Today is payday.

On payday I usually treat myself with lunch, a bought lunch, not leftovers. Don't get me wrong. My leftovers are usually pretty yummy. Hubby is a good cook and I've been known to produce a pretty good meal or two. Anyhow, today I got myself a sandwich and a bottle of Ito En green tea.





The following is a conversation I had with the 20 year old kid with really bad, not quite grown in facial hair.

Him - Hello
Me - Hi
Him - Do you need a bag? (then he looked away)
Me - Yeah, thanks.
Him - A bag?
Me - yes
Him - (in a tone similar to the one I use on my kids when I want them to use good manners) Yes Please?

He rang my stuff up. I handed him my card.

Him - Do you need a receipt?
Me - No
Him - No Thank you (again with the "you need to use good manners" tone)

I smiled/smirked and rolled my eyes.

I left the store. I went back to my office, found a sunny spot in the bar and ate my sandwich.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.