“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Limping with Pride and Dignity

I made some cookie dough today. I like making a Cowboy-ish kind of cookie. It's oats, dried coconut, dried cherries and chocolate chips. I don't add the pecans that are usually in a Cowboy. My kids don't like them and while I like a delicious pecan pie, I don't think these nuts make or break this cookie. It's a yummy cookie (and in its raw form, it's a delicious frozen sneaky snack). 

Here is the recipe I used. I used regular chocolate chips instead of white one and I traded the amount of dried cherries and chocolate chips. The last time I made this cookie it was too dried cherry heavy. I want the chocolate chips to be the star of the show this time, not the cherries. Also, I used regular oats instead of the quick-cooking kind. 

I don't have a picture of the finished product because I only made the dough.  I guess I felt like mixing but not baking today. I doubled the recipe and separated the dough into three parts. Two went into the freezer and one went into the fridge to bake tomorrow. 

Anywhoozle, when I got started I realized I was out of brown sugar so I walked to my corner Walgreens and I got my brown sugar, paid the lady and brown sugar in hand, I left to walk back home. 

There is a homeless person who frequents the corner of my Walgreens. As I walked by him he shouted "I like your walk. You walk like you have a lot of pride and dignity." *

I stood a little taller and under my mask, smiled a little wider, walked home and made some cookies. 


*This got me right in the feels. I walk with a slight limp. I've had knee problems and foot drop problems for the last 20 years or so. As I get older, the effects of the damage are not lost on me and whereas 10 years ago I limped after a day of strenuous activity, now I limp pretty much all the time. It's just the way I walk (and dance) now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.