“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

365 days ago today

I was in the hospital with a bp of 170 / 100. I had the worst headache ever. I had an IV in my arm and a 37 wk baby in my belly. I was home the day before, but two days before that I was in the same hospital, IV in my arm, headache, high bp. I remember the nurse coming into the room telling me there was a nursing shortage and they were going to send me via ambulance to Oakland hospital. I told the nurse that my baby was NOT Oaklandish and was going to be a San Francisco native like his big sister. She gave me a really odd look and went to tell the doctor. The doctor came in and told us that she completely understood. San Franciscans are very proud of being from San Francisco. Although Hubby and I aren't native (he's been here since 1976 and I've been here since 1991) we are San Franciscans and so are our kids. A Daly City birth would have been OK with us in an emergency, but that's only because we live west of Twin Peaks.

Anyhow, 365 days ago I was in the Labor and Delivery. About 10pm my hubby said he was going to pick up Little Miss, take her home, get a good night sleep and come back in the morning to hopefully take me home. He left the room. A nurse came in with a sweet-ass looking wheelchair with great shocks. She told me were were off to the delivery room because they were going to induce me tonight and I was going to have the baby tomorrow. I called hubby, told him change of plans. Instead of him going to pick up little miss, he drove over to the grandparents' house and kissed little miss, then went to our house, grabbed some stuff and came back to the hospital.

365 days ago this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.