“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Kingdom for a Blast Chiller

Oh my gosh.

I've been planning my kids' baptism for months now. We are down to the final days of preparation. I'm making lasagna for 100 people. Yesterday I made the sauce. Today I'm making more sauce. See, I put the sauce from yesterday in the fridge and instead of the fridge cooling down the sauce, the sauce heated everything in the fridge. Everything in the fridge was warm. I had to throw out the milk (luckily there was only 1/8 of a carton left) , the eggs (1.5 dozen), 6 tubs of Ricotta, let's say that again 6 tubs of ricotta. I took the ricotta's temperature this morning and it was at 75 degrees. It was hotter inside my fridge than inside my kitchen. I don't want to go out and buy more stuff, but I can't chance making my family and friends sick. So in about an hour, we're heading off to costco for some more ricotta and a few #10 cans of crushed tomatoes.

This time, after I make the sauce, I'll divide it into a few different containers and ice it down in the sink.

What a waste. A waste of time, money and food.

At least my hair looks great today.

1 comment:

  1. 100 people and you are doing all the cooking? Are you crazy?

    #1

    ReplyDelete

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.