“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Monday, April 20, 2009

Quack Quack Quack Quack

I was thinking about doing an update today to my list but I'm not really feeling it to day. I have a big fat headache. I've had this headache for a few weeks now. It sits right on top of my head then creeps down to my eyes. Sometimes I can feel my heartbeat in my eyes. I went to the doctor last Monday. Dr. Quack said that he couldn't see anything wrong. He ordered a CT scan and gave me some ibuprofen. He prescribed 800ml ibuprofen. I asked him what the difference was between those and me just popping 4 200ml advil. He looked up and said "these are 800." Picture Nigel of spinal tap saying "this goes to 11". He actually told me that they were white and pretty. I took what he prescribed and they did absolutely nothing. On Friday my head hurt like a brother trucker. I called the doctor's office and got an appointment with anyone other than Dr. Quack. I got to see Dr. Nice and Competent. She told me that since my CT scan was just 1/2 hour away I should go to that then come back. Once she determines there isn't anything major going on (tumors, bleeding), she'll give me some better pain meds. I had the CT scan. Dr. Nice and Competent and one of her colleagues took a look at the scan and saw nothing unusual. They gave me some proper meds, but only 30 of them. They told me that someone would be calling me in a few days who would give me the official results, but unless there was something really freaky and unusual going on, there was nothing to worry about. The headache was probably a tension headache. So I'm on day 4 of Vicodin. The Vicodin is doing its job in that it's making me drowsy and chatty at the same time, but it is not taking away my headache. What's a girl to do? I got myself assigned to a new doctor. I'll call him when the Vicodin runs out and see if he can give me anything better.

I promised, however I would satisfy #14 on my list and give you an update.
I'm still working on #10 - finish blanket for my mom. I don't know why this particular blanket is taking me so long. Sometimes I can knock these babies out in about a week. This pattern isn't particularly crazy. In fact, I picked an easy one I could just work on and not have to worry about counting so I could just zone out and crochet.

I have the yarn for #11. I plan on looking for a pattern tonight. don't laugh but I think my Vanna White crochet book has some good patterns in it.

I started #17 today which is read the book The Other Boleyn Girl. It came in the mail today. I'll start it on the bus on my way home if my headache isn't too bad.

That's all for now. I have a headache.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I hope you feel better. I suffer from headaches constantly, of course there is nothing wrong. Lots of water, maybe a change in diet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends suggested I get my eyes checked. I figured, what the heck. I'll do it as I haven't gone in ages.

    ReplyDelete

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.