“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Where was I?

Where was I? Oh yeah, Things I'm not going to do and/or Things I've modified.

So I don't really feel like a quitter for not doing some of the things on my list. I still have time to replace them with other things on my list.

#17 Read The Other Boelyn Girl or whatever that book is called.
I tried this. It didn't work. I couldn't get more than 20 pages in without falling asleep. I tried to get in the mood to read it by renting the movie. That didn't work either. Turns out I rented the BBC version and it was Dull Dull Dull. The real moving has been on Encore a few times. I think it's also on OnDemand. I'm not into it. I have, however done something that I  haven't done since grade-school. I got a library card. I have been reading, just not the book I said I was going to.

#39 Finish that quilt I was making when Kitty ate 1/2 a spool of thread and had to have surgery, bad kitty.
I don't think I'm interested in making a quilt. Maybe I'll finish it one day but I'm taking it off the list, removing the pressure to get it done.

#40 March in the St. Stupid's Day parade on April 1.
It's on a Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays. It's also on Maundy Thursday. Growing up I always thought it was "Monday Thursday" and I never knew what it was. I know now it's the day that commemorates The Last Supper. I dunno. Maybe I will do it. The pictures I've seen look pretty interesting.

#47 Learn an Eddie Money song on my 'ukulele
This one is just dumb.

Since it looks like I'm cutting a few things out of my list, I welcome suggestions on replacements.

Any suggestions?

Next up -- things that I plan on doing but have to do at a certain time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.