“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Monday, June 17, 2013

Just like the time when Army Street's Name Turned to Caesar Chavez Street.

I had a dream that I was driving home from work and all of the sudden I decided I needed to drive to Long Beach. I didn't go home. I didn't call anyone. I didn't pack anything. I just up and decided I needed to drive to Long Beach instead of going home. On my way to Long Beach I had a bit of trouble. My car turned into a big red jeep with column gear shifting. I lost my wallet and didn't have any money. Then I lost my phone. I was bummed about this one because I was supposed to meet some friends at the corner of Atherton and Ximeno in Long Beach. Then, while I was trying to get to my destination, my car broke down and I had to ride a bicycle. As I was riding my bike, I came across some ruffians. They took my bike apart. I had to hop over a brick wall to escape them. I ran to the corner of Atherton and Ximeno only to find out that while I had been away, Atherton street's name had been changed to Wilson Street. There was no way my friends were going to find me because they didn't know that Wilson Street used to be called Atherton Street. I went up to a cop and asked him to help me. He started to help me but then found out I was from San Francisco and decided I was on my own. Luckily at that moment my friends found me. I hugged them. The cop shrugged and walked away.


1 comment:

  1. I hate those dreams..no phone, car breaks down...non-caring cops... I'm glad your friends found you at least!!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.