“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thanks Mom!

So one day I was playing around on the computer and thought I'd look around a bit to see whatever became of Queen Bee TV.

Queen Bee (Here real name was Rebecca) was the host of a public access TV show I used to watch every Monday at 9:30pm, without fail.
Hubby worked a bijillion hours a week and I often found myself searching for interesting stuff on TV after The Girl went to bed (The Boy wasn't around yet). Queen Bee wore a bee costume and bee antennae. She had long blond hair and red lipstick. In the first episode I saw of hers, Queen Bee was eating mayonnaise from a jar and talking about apical dominance. Subsequent shows included Ms. Queen Bee explaining the thoughts and feelings of her unused cooking implements (pots, pans, spoons, etc.), how to make Blair Witch Project themed Christmas presents and the most disturbing, bathtub theater where she would make puppets out of paper bags and act out little plays using her bathtub as the stage and the shower curtain as the theater curtain. I truly loved her show. Then there was some bru-ha-ha at the local public access station and a lot of the shows I watched on that channel dwindled away. Along with Queen Bee TV there was Bevornia, voted Best Public Access TV Show Including Vikings, and a whole host of others I would watch here and there.

While searching for her, and only finding the picture I have posted above, I found this site. A big selection of super-cute bags from Portland.

Queen Bee Creations, the company is called. I super love most of the bags on this site.

This year for Christmas my mom asked me what I wanted. I sent her a link to my favorite bag on the site. In turn she sent me a gift certificate.

With the gift certificate from my mom, plus some other Christmas money I was given, I was able to purchase this bag. Made of recycled wool. I got the small size version of this bag and I'm glad I did because it's super big. I betcha I could fit 2 bottles of wine in it, along with my regular purse items. I can certainly fit my netbook inside, which will come in handy when I go back to school the end of this month.
I also got this hip pack.

It's only about 6 inches wide and 4 inches tall. Hubby hates it. He says it's the equivalent of wearing mom jeans. I think he's wrong. I think it'll come in handy when I go to the Fancy Food Show in 2 weeks. I hate carrying around a big purse at the food show.

So, Thanks Mom. I love my new bag(s). And Queen Bee, I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.