“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm a little freaked out.

I'm a little freaked out right now.
They know me, they know my order. It started about a year ago. I got in the habit of going down to the S-Bux on the ground floor of my building. I order the same thing every day. A double espresso macchiato. 15 calories of jumpin juice to get me going every day. It took about 6 months for the barristas and cashiers to stop asking me "what size" or ordering me a carmel macchiato which is 240 calories of a sweet mess. It took quite a while to school them. An espresso macchiato is espresso with a dollop of foam on it. Then I had a good 5 months of ordering my drink without a problem, knowing which barrista was going to make it the way I liked it. I knew if I saw a certain person at the coffee machines I would be sure to order a grande soy hot chocolate which is most certainly not good for one's waistline at 350 calories. During this time the order-taker kept calling me Stacy. This morning I walked in and before I could even reach the lovely order taker I heard her say "double macchiato for andrea, double macchiato for andrea". I looked at her and smiled and told her my name was stacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.