“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yup, still hate 'em.

Last night I accomplished #22 of my list (22. Try dolmas again. I hate them but I recognize that people's taste buds change. Maybe mine will and I'll like dolmas one day. I would really like to like them.)
So freaking gross. I almost couldn't go through with it.
We went to Whole Foods yesterday to pick up some snacks for our upcoming vacation. It was getting a bit late so we decided to get dinner from the deli and bring it home (or as Little Miss did, eat it in the car). I ordered 2 dolmas from the deli case thinking last night should be the night I try dolmas again.
Oh my gosh, you guys. It was so disgusting. I picked one up, was a little grossed out by its sheen but nothing I couldn't deal with. What I couldn't deal with is the horrible smell. I put it down right away. I couldn't take a bite. Little Miss picked one up, took a bite and although wasn't grossed out like I was, didn't really like it. I thought 'if Little Miss can do it, so can I', so I did. I picked it up, took a bite, chewed and swallowed.
Worst 20 seconds of my life, followed by the next worst 20 seconds of my life when I realized I had nothing to wash it down with.
Now I know, without question, that I truly hate dolmas. I thought maybe it was just the dolma producer, maybe it was a lingering taste I had in my mouth that made the dolma not taste good, maybe my taste buds hadn't reached maturity. Nope. None of that. I am a dolma hater.



2 comments:

  1. So it's not a texture issue huh? Man, I love 'em...but there are some bad ones out there for sure. Kudos for trying again. Im the same way with dried fruit-I keep trying...and I keep gagging!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.