“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Project - Something to do on Muni. Won't you join me?

I've been blogging for over a year now. While still new to the blogging scene I've noticed that some regular bloggers have a weekly theme. Some people only show pictures on Wednesdays. Some bloggers have weekly contests and give-aways. Some take a special day out of the week to have a guest blogger on.

I've always wanted to have a weekly feature and I think I've come up with a good one.
I hope it catches on.

I crochet a lot. Most of the time I crochet to keep my hands busy and don't really make anything useful. Sometimes I find a project, am all gung ho about it until I'm about halfway done, then I get bored and start something else. Sometimes I really like what I'm crocheting but the project gets a little bit too big for me to take on Muni so I give it up and start something else.

Here's what I propose - lets hope that by writing it down it sticks:
Every Thursday (or every Thursday I'm ready to start a new project) I'm going to post a crochet pattern. It will most likely be something I found in the free section on Ravelry or Crochet Pattern Central. My goal will be to start the item on Mondays, crochet through the week and show you what I've made. I will do most, if not all of the crocheting on my commute to and from work on Muni. I will invite everyone who reads my blog and rides Muni to join me in this crochet endeavor. Projects will be small, fast and easy. I will choose patterns where one can choose one's own yarn, gauge, size, etc.


I've always thought that a lot of national retailers (like The Gap, Levis, Target, etc.) kind of miss the boat when it comes to Summer in San Francisco. Most of these places sell only summer clothes. They forget that in San Francisco it can get a bit chilly.

In honor of the upcoming Summer in San Francisco, for my first pattern I've decided to do make this scarf using a very cheery summery color. I plan, however to turn it into an infinity scarf and not just a regular scarf.
I hope you can join me.

Here's a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.