“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One Hungry Chef made me Hungry.

A few days ago I read this post from OneHungryChef.com. I like reading this guy's blog. His pictures are beautiful. His writing is engaging and his recipies are delicious sounding. I first stumbled upon him back in October when I wrote a post about BLTs.
Anyhow, I made one of his recipies, kinda. One of his recipies inspired me.
I made Cod cooked in Parchment Paper, Oven roasted tomatoes, roasted asparagus and roasted potatoes. We enjoyed our dinner with Drylands Sauvignon Blanc. It was pretty yummy. Hubby made the tomatoes. He cut the tomatoes in half and sprinkled salt, pepper and olive oil on them and popped them in the oven for a few hours. The asparagus was done pretty much the same way but it only spent about 20 minutes in the oven. I like my asparagus to be firm. Mushy asparagus is yucky. I put the fish on a bed of lemon slice, sprinkled with herbes d'provence and wrapped in parchment paper. I sliced the potatoes, gave a toss with olive oil and salt and pepper.

It turned out pretty yummy. Thanks One Hungry Chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.