“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Monday, June 7, 2010

Is 6th grade the new 7th grade?

Last Friday was The Girl's last day of 5th grade. She tells me she's going into Junior High next Fall. When did 6th grade become Junior High?  Did it become so when 9th grade became High School?

See, where I come from, my Junior High started at 7th grade, went through 9th grade, then I started High School in the 10th grade. The High School I went to did have a 9th grade but not very many people availed themselves of it. If The Girl wants to refer to 6th grade as Junior High, I guess she can go ahead, but I'm not willing to let her grow up that quickly. To me, she's still in Primary School.

One Two Three Four Five Six Seven Eight Ten!
What about Nine?
Seven Eight Nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.