“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oh we spend our days like bright and shiny new dimes

Yesterday afternoon Hubby and I had a pretty involved conversation about Eight is Enough.

Here's this dad, Tom Bradford, who is a widower. He writes a column for the newspaper in Sacramento. I liken his column to the one John Carroll writes for the SF Chronicle.

He has 8 kids, 7 of whom still live at home, 4 of whom are adults. He puts one through medical school and then supports the rest because they either made unreliable career choices or they are too young to make their way into the world.

How much money does the dad make? It can't be enough? Even after Tommy breaks his leg and the dad marries Tommy's tutor? I mean that does bring some money into the house, but it can't be much? And what about when they bring in Ralph Macchio, the "cousin oliver" to "Eight is Enough"? He's a growing boy and he needs food and new tennis shoes, too.

This conversation lead into the dream I had about the oldest Bradford son, David. Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.