“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Friday, September 25, 2009

Don't be so smug Bono, my Mom can kick your ass, and you'll like it.

Last night I had a dream that my mom was friends with Bono. In my dream I still lived at our old house in Long Beach - all of us did, me, my 3 sisters but they weren't in the dream, they all just still lived at home, and my parents. One day, the day after Christmas, I walked into the living room only to find my mom yelling at Bono and Bono smiling. She called him 'John' with the same loving tone that Ms. Cunningham called Fonzie 'Arthur' because in my dream-life Bono's real name is John. She was yelling at him to get his feet off the coffee table and to take his jacket off and make himself at home already, what did he need, an invitation? Why did he think he was so special?.
I went into my room and called my friend EAW to tell her that Bono was over our house and if she wanted to meet him she should come over, but she had to be casual and say she was over for another reason. Come over she did, in her pajamas, and without her wig on (huh?). When she got to my house Bono was next door chopping wood with the disabled adults who lived next door to us, Matt and Carl. My dad, the disabled adults' dad and Roy from across the street were sitting in lawn chairs in front of the house. We walked over to say hi to my dad, but really to introduce EAW to Bono. Then I noticed that KH from Camp Wintaka and high school was there except although she looked like KH, she was actually my hula sister KK.
Bono was too busy chopping wood and doing chores that only regular people do so my friends never met him but they did see him and in fact believe me that Bono was at least spending his Boxing Day doing chores on Fairbrook street and getting scolded by my mom, and loving it.

2 comments:

  1. I love you star studded dreams, Andrea! I didn't know Bono's real name was John. Very cool… :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know his real name in real life. In my dream life, his name was John.

      Delete

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.