“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Open Letter to Gravis Footwear - My Orange Flip Flops and How Much I Love Them

Dear Gravis,

In 2004 I participated in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-day. It was an experience I will never forget. I joined a great team called The Warming Hut Hotties, dressed in pink, wore silly deeleebobbers on my head and walked 60 miles.
In preparation for this event I spent a lot of time and money at Sports Basement. One of the items I bought was a pair of Gravis Flip Flops. I have to admit, they weren't my first choice, but in my haste to get out of the store I grabbed a pair of flip flops and went to the register to pay for my stuff. I was surprised and mad to learned that I had spent $25 on a pair of slippas that I only planned on wearing in the shower. I kept them anyways. I'm so glad I did.

5 years later my Gravis Orange Flip Flops not only survived the communal shower trucks of the SGK-BC 3-Day, they triumphed through the 2006 Avon walk, hula class every Wednesday for the last 5 years, countless trips to the market, a 2-week trip to Hawaii (note - I bought a new pair of Tevas for this trip and didn't wear them at all) and years of enduring my relaxed style of storing my shoes in the closet or under my bed. They are still the perfect amount of squishy, have no ill effects from my pronated feet and high arches, and have never once given me blisters between my toes.

If I ever need to buy flip flops again, I will buy Gravis Flip Flops, and I won't be mad if I have to spend $30 on them.

Also, should you ever need to do consumer research on your sandals, I will certainly help you out.

You have made a fan out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.