“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
--- Douglas Adams

Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25, 2009 - The best 6-days before my birthday celebration ever.

I woke up a bit late today. I don't know why. I went to bed about 9:30pm. I certainly had enough sleep. Little Miss woke up about 6am. I heard her tinker around in the kitchen. I thought she was feeding her cat or making herself some cinnamon toast. She loves cinnamon toast. She loves to make cinnamon toast without supervision because her secret ingredient is 'more sugar than thought humanly possible'. When I stumbled out of bed she came up to me, said Good Morning and then told me that coffee was ready. My Little Miss made coffee for Hubby and Me, plus she made her own lunch. It was so sweet of her. I have the best daughter ever.

then

Today my very good friend Prakash met me for lunch.
We met in 1992. He was the first friend I made who was outside mine and my roommates' circle of friends. From 1992 to 1996 we had a class together every single semester, first at City College then at SFSU. We became really great friends. We still are really great friends.
I hadn't seen him in a while so it was such a nice surprise when he called me and told me he was going to meet me for lunch today.
Today has been pretty great so far and it was a great way to celebrate 6 days before my birthday.

I can't wait to see what tonight holds. I hope it includes a big bowl of pho, a really great episode of "are you smarter than a 5th grader" and a few baskets of laundry to fold. that would be a nice relaxing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha.
Thanks for reading . . . . thanks for commenting.

Welcome now my friends to the show that never ends

Related Posts with Thumbnails

StatCounter

Nice Pictures - Where'd you steal them from?

Some of the pictures in my blog were taken by a photographer called Julie Michele. Some of the pictures were either taken by me or someone I know. Some of the pictures were ripped right from the internet, mostly from google image searches from photographers to whom I may or may not give credit.

Rest assured I make no money from any of it.